Skip to main content

Classroom English

Here's an original assignment I designed for my 14-15 year-old EFL students!


In this homework assignment, students copy the classroom English phrases written in different fonts for a fun take on writing practice! 

I've also included Thai translations, courtesy of my friend Prajim, a Thai teacher at my school!

Here are all the phrases:



  1. What does (useful) mean? คำที่อยู่ในวงเล็บ แปลว่าอะไร
         
  1. How do you say (_____) in English?  
            คำที่อยู่ในวงเล็บออกเสียงว่าอย่างไร

  1. How do you spell that?  
            คำนี้ สะกดว่าอย่างไร

  1. Could you repeat that, please? 
    กรุณาพูดซ้ำอีกครั้ง?

  1. Could you speak more slowly, please? 
     กรุณา พูด ช้าๆ?

  1. I’m sorry. I don’t understand.
            ฉัน ขอโทษ นะ ฉันไม่เข้าใจ

  1. Excuse me; what do we have to do?  
    ขอโทษ ค่ะ/ครับ พวกเราต้องทำอะไร?

  1. Could you help me, please?
    ขอความอนุเคราะห์ ช่วยผมหน่อยได้ไหมครับ?

  1. I’m finished.
    ผม/หนู ทำเสร็จแล้ว ครับ/ค่ะ

  1. May I have a piece of paper, please?  
ผมขอกระดาษหน่อย ครับ

  1. May I borrow a pencil, please?  
ผมขอยืมดินสอหน่อย ครับ

  1. May I go to the washroom, please?  
ผม/หนู  ขออนุญาตไปห้องน้ำ ครับ/ค่ะ

  1. Sorry I’m late!
     ขอโทษ ครับ/ค่ะ ที่มาโทษ

  1. I was absent.
    ผม/หนู ขาด  ค่ะ/ครับ

  1. I missed the test/assignment.
     ผม/หนู ไม่ได้สอบ ค่ะ

  1. I already did this.
        ผม/หนู  ทำเสร็จเรียบร้อยแล้ว ครับ/ค่ะ


I had to change some of the fonts due to a lack of compatibility with Google Documents, and then again due to incompatibility with the Blogger platform, but you can  
get creative and use whatever fonts you like! 


esl writing practice, thai translations for classroom english, classroom english, what does it mean, how do you spell that, how do you say it in english, could you repeat that please, could you speak more slowly please, I'm sorry, I don't understand, excuse me, what do we have to do, could you help me please, I'm finished, may I have a piece of paper please, may I borrow a pencil please, may I go to the washroom please, sorry I'm late, I was absent, I missed the test, I already did this
Classroom English Phrases Drawing Assignment Preview



writing practice, esl, efl, worksheets, classroom activities, esl worksheet, efl worksheet, thai translations, classroom english with thai translations, fun classroom ideas, teaching advice, priting practice, writing practice, writing practice worksheet, esl writing practice worksheet, efl writing practice worksheet, efl writing activities, esl writing activities, printable teaching materials, free printable teaching templates, fonts, fun, classroom materials, writing worksheets, original project, efl, classroom english, classroom english phrases, classroom english writing practice, esl worksheets, advanced esl fun lesson, esl art project, esl drawing project, efl art project, efl drawing worksheet, creative classroom project, efl ideas, teaching tips, something new for efl students, fun classroom project
Basic Classroom Phrases Writing Practice Preview


writing practice, esl, efl, worksheets, classroom activities, esl worksheet, efl worksheet, thai translations, classroom english with thai translations, fun classroom ideas, teaching advice, priting practice, writing practice, writing practice worksheet, esl writing practice worksheet, efl writing practice worksheet, efl writing activities, esl writing activities, printable teaching materials, free printable teaching templates, fonts, fun, classroom materials, writing worksheets, original project, efl, classroom english, classroom english phrases, classroom english writing practice, esl worksheets, advanced esl fun lesson, esl art project, esl drawing project, efl art project, efl drawing worksheet, creative classroom project, efl ideas, teaching tips, something new for efl students, fun classroom project
Printable Classroom English with Thai Translation Handout Preview

Tip: have the students start the homework in class so you know they understand the assigned task. When the students began this worksheet, they fell totally silent and I put on a "rain sounds" track! My classroom has never been so peaceful and productive as in those 2-3 minutes! 😇💖💙💜


writing practice, esl, efl, worksheets, classroom activities, esl worksheet, efl worksheet, thai translations, classroom english with thai translations, fun classroom ideas, teaching advice, priting practice, writing practice, writing practice worksheet, esl writing practice worksheet, efl writing practice worksheet, efl writing activities, esl writing activities, printable teaching materials, free printable teaching templates, fonts, fun, classroom materials, writing worksheets, original project, efl, classroom english, classroom english phrases, classroom english writing practice, esl worksheets, advanced esl fun lesson, esl art project, esl drawing project, efl art project, efl drawing worksheet, creative classroom project, efl ideas, teaching tips, something new for efl students, fun classroom project
Finished Student Worksheets








Comments

  1. Rain sounds! 🌂☔️☂️ haha I love this story Lolo! Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised! The students LOVED IT! 💖😇

      Delete
  2. Also writing in different fonts are so so fun , I wish it was cool to switch fonts
    On the same page 😄😛

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha yeah, that's a huge academic faux pas! Two tops, but even that is hard to get away with...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 14/09/2017
    Like teacher taught to understand the kind very

    ReplyDelete
  5. 14/09/2017
    The job to do is to understand
    The cute teacher🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Thank you! I hope you can understand me! 😁

      Delete
  6. Something I do not understand.hlpe me please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can email me with your questions any time! 💖💕
      คุณสามารถส่งอีเมลฉันเพื่อถามคำถามได้ตลอดเวลา

      lolotravelgogo@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! I like you too! 😀 You can always talk to me at the school to chat or to help you with your homework! 📚📒📄✏

      Delete
  8. I like Cass at teacher funny 55 No. 6/2 M.30

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love teacher because you so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teachers are fun and kind. 📚😍

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love teacher because you so cute. @kanyapat kaewkhen No.22 M.5/3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Thank you, Kanyapat! You're cute too! ^_^

      Delete
  12. Very fun activity.
    Understand teaching.
    Kind teacher.
    Good teacher.
    😊👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Thanasak! You are very kind!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code for Female Teachers in Thailand

Since I am a female teacher, I must wear a skirt to work every day. Now, if you’re a feisty feminist like myself, you probably do not fancy this at all. That being said, I have gotten used to it. Although the dress code certainly isn’t my favourite thing about teaching in Thailand, I do recommend the experience overall, despite that. To help you understand what women can and cannot wear while teaching in Thailand, I will show you some of the outfits I wear to the school. However, please remember that each school will be different. I have a feeling my school is a bit more lenient because we are in a rural area. As you can see, I wore almost the same thing every day during the year of mourning. English teacher in Thailand wearing a long-sleeved blue button-up shirt and a shin-length black skirt. If you look closely you can see that I am wearing suspenders, a long-sleeved, light blue button-up, a long, black A-line skirt with single chevron-strip

Movies

  In this unit, you can practice movie genre vocabulary including: like, don't like, watch, movies, genres, animated, comedy, action, science fiction, fantasy, romance, drama, horror, and documentary. Movie Genres Vocabulary Cards   Movies Vocabulary Scramble Worksheet . . . Dialogue: A: Do you like to watch movies? B: Yes. I do. / No I don't. A: What kind of movies do you like to watch? B: I like ___ movies.  Personally, I like scifi (science fiction) movies! I enjoy movies that make you think about reality, the nature of perception, our understanding of the universe, space and time.     Star Wars versus Star Trek Infographic courtesy of GREAT-ODEN on Deviant Art   A lot of scifi fans like either Star Wars or Star Trek best. Honestly, I love them both! :D But what makes a movie "science fiction" and NOT fantasy? Science fiction movies: (1) are set in a plausible universe (no magic

Classroom English 2

Classroom English Vocabulary Cards Preview Classroom English Vocabulary Cards  Honeycomb Maze Classroom English Word Search Preview Classroom English Word Search Fun Easy Classroom English Colouring Sheet   Classroom English Colouring Assignment FRONT Classroom English Colouring Assignment BACK   Classroom English Colouring Sheet BACK with Thai Translations Thai Translations for Classroom English One-Page Poster-Size   Thai English Matching Worksheet   Answer Key See Also:   Thai-Kuna Matata What is it Like inside an ESL/EFL Classroom in Rural Thailand? Star Wars Present Perfect vs Present Perfect Continuous Quotes about Education & Learning Part I