Skip to main content

Tongue Twisters





tongue twisters, speak english, esl, efl, teaching abroad, teaching in thailand, teaching blog, teach in thailand, pronunciation, teacher, english tongue twisters, practice your english, learn english online


Tongue Twisters!



Below, you will find some of the most popular English tongue twisters. Say them as quickly as you can. If you can master them, you will be a much more confident speaker.

  1. Peter Piper picked a peck* of pickled peppers
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
    Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
  2. Betty Botter bought some butter
    But she said the butter’s bitter
    If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter
    But a bit of better butter will make my batter better
    So ‘twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter
  3. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck* if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood
    As a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood
  4. She sells seashells by the seashore
  5. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
  6. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy, was he?
  7. I've got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late
  8. You know New York, you need New York, you know you need unique New York
  9. I saw a kitten eating chicken in the kitchen
  10. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
  11. I wish I thought to thank you earlier, but I think I forgot.
  12. I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch
  13. Near her dear ear, a deer’s ear was hearing her nearing eerily nearer.
  14. A big black bear sat under a tall tilted tree.
  15. Tom threw Tim three thumbtacks
  16. He threw three free throws
  17. Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely
  18. So, this is the sushi chef
  19. Four fine fresh fish for you
  20. Wayne went to Wales to watch walruses
  21. Red fish, blue fish, one fish, two fish
  22. Six sticky skeletons (x3)
  23. Which witch is which? (x3)
  24. Red lorry, yellow lorry (x3)
  25. Thin sticks, thick bricks (x3)
  26. Stupid superstition (x3)
  27. Eleven benevolent elephants (x3)
  28. Two tried and true tridents (x3)
  29. Truly rural (x3)
  30. Good blood, bad blood (x3)
  31. Pre-shrunk silk shirts (x3)
  32. We surely shall see the sun shine soon
  33. Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
  34. Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better

*A peck is an imperial and United States customary unit of dry volume, equivalent to 2 gallons or 8 dry quarts or 16 dry pints (9.09 (UK) or 8.81 (US) liters).

*Chuck means to throw.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code for Female Teachers in Thailand

Since I am a female teacher, I must wear a skirt to work every day. Now, if you’re a feisty feminist like myself, you probably do not fancy this at all. That being said, I have gotten used to it. Although the dress code certainly isn’t my favourite thing about teaching in Thailand, I do recommend the experience overall, despite that. To help you understand what women can and cannot wear while teaching in Thailand, I will show you some of the outfits I wear to the school. However, please remember that each school will be different. I have a feeling my school is a bit more lenient because we are in a rural area. As you can see, I wore almost the same thing every day during the year of mourning. English teacher in Thailand wearing a long-sleeved blue button-up shirt and a shin-length black skirt. If you look closely you can see that I am wearing suspenders, a long-sleeved, light blue button-up, a long, black A-line skirt with single chevron-strip

Movies

  In this unit, you can practice movie genre vocabulary including: like, don't like, watch, movies, genres, animated, comedy, action, science fiction, fantasy, romance, drama, horror, and documentary. Movie Genres Vocabulary Cards   Movies Vocabulary Scramble Worksheet . . . Dialogue: A: Do you like to watch movies? B: Yes. I do. / No I don't. A: What kind of movies do you like to watch? B: I like ___ movies.  Personally, I like scifi (science fiction) movies! I enjoy movies that make you think about reality, the nature of perception, our understanding of the universe, space and time.     Star Wars versus Star Trek Infographic courtesy of GREAT-ODEN on Deviant Art   A lot of scifi fans like either Star Wars or Star Trek best. Honestly, I love them both! :D But what makes a movie "science fiction" and NOT fantasy? Science fiction movies: (1) are set in a plausible universe (no magic

What is it Like Inside an ESL Classroom in Rural Thailand?

Beautiful work by my lovely students! A virtual tour of the EFL classroom in a rural rice village in Sakon Nakhon province, Thailand, circa 2018. Get a inside view as to what you can expect when you come to teach English in Thailand. Thanks for watching and Happy Teaching! RELATED:  Dress Code for Female Teachers in Thailand RELATED:  What is it Like inside an ESL/EFL Classroom in Rural Thailand? RELATED:  Classroom Supplies for Teaching English RELATED:  Teaching in Thailand RELATED:  Tips for Teaching in Thailand: Esan Eccentricities