Skip to main content

Quotes about Education & Learning



There are many problems, but I think there is a solution to all these problems; it’s just one, and it’s education. – Malala Yousafzai

Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live. – Dr. Mae Jemison

In so many ways, segregation shaped me, and education liberated me. – Maya Angelou

Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. – Golda Meir

Learning to read is the most important thing that has happened to me in my life. – Mario Vargas Llosa

Books, roads and days give wisdom. – Arab Proverb

Those who can read see twice as well. – Menander

The illiterate of the future will not be the person who cannot read. It will be the person who does not know how to learn. – Alvin Toffler

Computers can do all the left hemisphere processing better and faster than the human brain. So what's left for the human brain is global thinking, creative thinking, intuitive-problem solving, seeing the whole picture. All of that cannot be done by the computer. And yet the school system goes on, churning out reading, writing, and arithmetic, spelling, grammar. – Betty Edwards

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education. – Martin Luther King Jr.

The highest result of education is tolerance. – Helen Keller

I am convinced that we must train not only the head, but the heart and hand as well. – Chiang Kai-shek

I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warmheartedness we take for granted. – Dalai Lama

Early childhood education is the key to the betterment of society. – Maria Montessori

Humans aren’t as good as we should be in our capacity to empathize with the feelings and thoughts of others, be they humans or other animals on Earth. So maybe part of our formal education should be training in empathy. Imagine how different the world would be if, in fact, that were ‘reading, writing, arithmetic, empathy.’ – Neil deGrasse Tyson

Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. – Aristotle

Education is soul crafting. – Cornel West

What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the human soul. – Joseph Addison

All real education is the architecture of the soul. – William Bennet

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela

Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X

Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it. – Marian Wright Edelman



Comments

  1. Great post! Teaching is a mentally and physically draining job. I know I have had my share of bad days, but the pay off is high when students are laughing and having fun in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I study hard because I want a good future.📚📓📒📖

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Onanong Nonkhamwong M.5/3 N.25

    ReplyDelete
  4. I study hard because I want a good future.📚📓📒📖 @kanyapat kaewkhen No.22 M.5/3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic!!! I know you will succeed! You're very smart!

      Delete
  5. I like all quotes above. I will copy them and use to teach English for seniors. Thank you. Laura.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code for Female Teachers in Thailand

Since I am a female teacher, I must wear a skirt to work every day. Now, if you’re a feisty feminist like myself, you probably do not fancy this at all. That being said, I have gotten used to it. Although the dress code certainly isn’t my favourite thing about teaching in Thailand, I do recommend the experience overall, despite that. To help you understand what women can and cannot wear while teaching in Thailand, I will show you some of the outfits I wear to the school. However, please remember that each school will be different. I have a feeling my school is a bit more lenient because we are in a rural area. As you can see, I wore almost the same thing every day during the year of mourning. English teacher in Thailand wearing a long-sleeved blue button-up shirt and a shin-length black skirt. If you look closely you can see that I am wearing suspenders, a long-sleeved, light blue button-up, a long, black A-line skirt with single chevron-strip

Movies

  In this unit, you can practice movie genre vocabulary including: like, don't like, watch, movies, genres, animated, comedy, action, science fiction, fantasy, romance, drama, horror, and documentary. Movie Genres Vocabulary Cards   Movies Vocabulary Scramble Worksheet . . . Dialogue: A: Do you like to watch movies? B: Yes. I do. / No I don't. A: What kind of movies do you like to watch? B: I like ___ movies.  Personally, I like scifi (science fiction) movies! I enjoy movies that make you think about reality, the nature of perception, our understanding of the universe, space and time.     Star Wars versus Star Trek Infographic courtesy of GREAT-ODEN on Deviant Art   A lot of scifi fans like either Star Wars or Star Trek best. Honestly, I love them both! :D But what makes a movie "science fiction" and NOT fantasy? Science fiction movies: (1) are set in a plausible universe (no magic

What is it Like Inside an ESL Classroom in Rural Thailand?

Beautiful work by my lovely students! A virtual tour of the EFL classroom in a rural rice village in Sakon Nakhon province, Thailand, circa 2018. Get a inside view as to what you can expect when you come to teach English in Thailand. Thanks for watching and Happy Teaching! RELATED:  Dress Code for Female Teachers in Thailand RELATED:  What is it Like inside an ESL/EFL Classroom in Rural Thailand? RELATED:  Classroom Supplies for Teaching English RELATED:  Teaching in Thailand RELATED:  Tips for Teaching in Thailand: Esan Eccentricities