Skip to main content

Valentine's Day

          Have fun practicing this Valentine's Day vocabulary! I hope you all have a great day with your loved ones. And for those of you who are single, don't forget to love yourself because you're great just the way you are! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Valentine's Day

Love

Gift
Card

Flowers

Chocolates

Book

Pocket watch

Necklace

Go to a museum

Take a walk in the park

Go stargazing

Go to dinner
See a movie

A: What should we do for Valentine's Day?
B: Let's go to a museum / take a walk in the park / go stargazing / go to dinner / see a movie.
A: I'd love to!
B: Great! What time should we meet?
A: How about 6:00?
B: Sounds good. Let's meet at the coffee shop, ok?
A: Sounds great!

~

A: Happy Valentine's Day!
B: Thanks! You too!
A: I got you a gift!
B: Wow! What is it?
A: Here, open it!
B: Wow! Thank you for the flowers / chocolates / book / pocket watch / necklace.
A: You're welcome! I'm glad you like them / it.

~

KEY PHRASES:

"I like you."
"I like you a lot."
"I enjoy spending time with you."
"You mean a lot to me."
"You mean the world to me."
"I adore you."
"I love you."
"You're my favourite person."
"Will you be my Valentine?"






Comments

  1. Comment with your idea of the perfect Valentine's Day!

    เขียนความคิดเห็นอธิบายถึงสิ่งที่คุณจะทำเพื่อวันวาเลนไทน์ที่สมบูรณ์แบบ! คุณอยากจะทำอะไร? คุณต้องการรับของขวัญอะไร?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Valentine's Day, I would like chocolate and flowers. I would like to go to a museum and then go stargazing. :D

    ในวันวาเลนไทน์ฉันต้องการช็อกโกแลตและดอกไม้ ฉันต้องการไปที่พิพิธภัณฑ์แล้วไปที่จุดชมวิว

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see a movie! I want to eat chocolates and popcorn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dress Code for Female Teachers in Thailand

Since I am a female teacher, I must wear a skirt to work every day. Now, if you’re a feisty feminist like myself, you probably do not fancy this at all. That being said, I have gotten used to it. Although the dress code certainly isn’t my favourite thing about teaching in Thailand, I do recommend the experience overall, despite that. To help you understand what women can and cannot wear while teaching in Thailand, I will show you some of the outfits I wear to the school. However, please remember that each school will be different. I have a feeling my school is a bit more lenient because we are in a rural area. As you can see, I wore almost the same thing every day during the year of mourning. English teacher in Thailand wearing a long-sleeved blue button-up shirt and a shin-length black skirt. If you look closely you can see that I am wearing suspenders, a long-sleeved, light blue button-up, a long, black A-line skirt with single chevron-strip

Movies

  In this unit, you can practice movie genre vocabulary including: like, don't like, watch, movies, genres, animated, comedy, action, science fiction, fantasy, romance, drama, horror, and documentary. Movie Genres Vocabulary Cards   Movies Vocabulary Scramble Worksheet . . . Dialogue: A: Do you like to watch movies? B: Yes. I do. / No I don't. A: What kind of movies do you like to watch? B: I like ___ movies.  Personally, I like scifi (science fiction) movies! I enjoy movies that make you think about reality, the nature of perception, our understanding of the universe, space and time.     Star Wars versus Star Trek Infographic courtesy of GREAT-ODEN on Deviant Art   A lot of scifi fans like either Star Wars or Star Trek best. Honestly, I love them both! :D But what makes a movie "science fiction" and NOT fantasy? Science fiction movies: (1) are set in a plausible universe (no magic

What is it Like Inside an ESL Classroom in Rural Thailand?

Beautiful work by my lovely students! A virtual tour of the EFL classroom in a rural rice village in Sakon Nakhon province, Thailand, circa 2018. Get a inside view as to what you can expect when you come to teach English in Thailand. Thanks for watching and Happy Teaching! RELATED:  Dress Code for Female Teachers in Thailand RELATED:  What is it Like inside an ESL/EFL Classroom in Rural Thailand? RELATED:  Classroom Supplies for Teaching English RELATED:  Teaching in Thailand RELATED:  Tips for Teaching in Thailand: Esan Eccentricities